This Rocket, Fig and Blue Cheese Salad highlights gorgeous summer figs, made even better with the addition of peppery rocket, creamy gorgonzola and a hint of aromatic orange blossom water.
This salad makes a perfect partner to barbecued meats, poultry or fish. An elegant salad to serve at your next dinner party.
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 8.9 g NET CARBS
Rocket, Fig and Blue Cheese Salad
- Salad Spinner
For the salad…
- 100 grams baby rocket (arugula)
- 4 figs, fresh
- 100 grams Gorgonzola ( I used a creamy version)
- ¼ cup pistachios (crushed)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the dressing…
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsps orange blossom water 1
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- Wash your rocket, remove any damaged or wilted leaves, shake then either pat dry with a towel or spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water.
- Rinse your figs under cold running water, pat them dry, cut off the stems and any damaged parts then cut them in quarters.
- Dice your gorgonzola into small cubes.
- Arrange your rocket on a salad platter, place your figs on top of the rocket, then top with the Gorgonzola and scatter the crushed pistachios on top to garnish.
- Add all the salad ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified. Taste and adjust according to your preferences. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- I didn’t feel the need to toss this salad as I was afraid of damaging the gorgeous figs.
- Whether or not you use 1 or 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water will depend on the strength of your orange blossom water and your taste. Start with 1 tablespoon taste and then add 1/2 tablespoon until you can just taste a hint of orange blossom in your dressing.
The video in this recipe is courtesy of Melissa’s Produce.