Oven Roasted Asparagus & Tarragon Salad
Frenchify your oven-roasted asparagus by adding some anise flavoured tarragon and Dijon, the perfect side for an extraordinary mid-week dinner party that takes just minutes to prepare.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 as a side
- 500 grams fresh asparagus (approximately 2 large 4 small bunches)
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup tarragon (chopped )
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice (approximately 1 medium lemon)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Spiralized lemon and tarragon leaves for garnish
Preheat your oven to 2200C (4250F).
Place your washed and trimmed asparagus in a large tray and toss with the olive oil, tarragon, lemon zest, salt and pepper until well coated.
Place asparagus spears in a large oven tray and toss with the olive oil, tarragon, lemon zest, salt and pepper until well combined.
Roast in your oven until golden brown and tender (approximately 10-20 minutes)
When done, add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and Dijon to a glass jar and shake until emulsified, pour over your asparagus and toss gently until, well combined.
Arrange on a platter and garnish with spiralized lemon and extra tarragon, serve at room temperature or cold.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1079IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 4mg