Basil and Tomato with Blueberry Basil Dressing
This basil and tomato salad is mouth-watering, colourful and just full of antioxidant-rich blueberries and iron-rich baby spinach!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad...
- 100 grams Baby spinach
- 350 grams cherry tomatoes (a large punnet)
- 125 grams Blueberries (a large punnet)
- 50 grams Walnuts (toasted) (optional)
For the Blueberry Basil Dressing *
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps raspberry vinegar
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
Wash the baby spinach, min Romas and blueberries and dry.
Cut your mini Romas in half lengthwise.
Place all your dressing ingredients in a small food or high-speed blender, blitz until smooth. If it is too thick add 1-2 tablespoons of water. 1
Add your ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Pour half of your dressing over the top, season, and toss gently to combine.
Arrange in a salad bowl and scatter with the toasted walnuts if you are using, then serve.
* this will make enough dressing for two salads
- The dressing will gel a little upon sitting. Simply stir before drizzling, or add a touch of water to thin out if desired. Stores in a covered container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 424mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2868IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg