Mixed Green Salad with Healing Turmeric Dressing
Not only is this Turmeric Salad delicious it has all health benefits of curcumin. The pungent turmeric complements the crunchy celery, earthy pistachios and sweet Medjool dates.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad…
- 120 grams mixed lettuce leaves 1 (approximately 3 cups)
- 4 stalks celery (400 grams approximately 2 cups sliced)
- ⅓ cup pistachios (slightly crushed ) 2
- 5 Medjool dates (⅓ cup chopped dates)
For the dressing…
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp turmeric, fresh (grated)
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the garnish…
- 2 tbsps pistachios (slightly crushed)
Wash and dry your mixed salad leaves.
Wash your celery stalks, de-thread them and slice thinly then chop your dates, add all your salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Place all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
Pour your dressing over your salad, season with salt and pepper and toss until combined.
Arrange in a salad bowl, scatter the pistachios on top to garnish and serve immediately.
- My salad mix had a lot of radicchio in it which seemed to suit this salad perfectly.
- The pistachios are crushed in this salad for their bright green colour
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 623IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg