Tomato Salad with Fresh Herbs
A Tomato Salad for when the tomatoes are so good you just don’t wanna mess with them! A simple salad that uses summers bountiful tomatoes harvest and herbs that you can tailor to suit your taste.
- 4 large truss or heirloom tomatoes (approximately 700 grams)
- 1 small red onion (approximately 90 grams)
- ¼ cup fresh herb leaves (we have used fresh oregano)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)*
- Sea salt cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 large ripe tomato grated (approximately 150 grams)
Wash and trim your tomatoes, then cut them into wedges. Place them in a mixing bowl and salt.
Trim your onion then cut into wedges, add to your tomatoes.
Rinse your herbs and shake to remove the excess water then add the leaves to your bowl.
Grate a tomato, discard the outer skin, place in a bowl, season with salt and pepper add the dried oregano, oil and vinegar and whisk until combined.
Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and onions and mix well, taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad bowl and garnish with some herb stems. Chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Does not suit coriander (cilantro) or tarragon
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 600mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2211IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg