Potato Salad with Egg– a meal in itself
This Greek Potato Salad Recipe comes from my Grandfather, it is basically a Greek salad with the addition of boiled eggs and potatoes.
Servings: 4 as a main
- 1 kg potatoes waxy (approximately 6 medium)
- 4 large eggs boiled
- 3 medium tomatoes (approximately 350 grams)
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 small red onion (approximately 100 grams)
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- ¾ cup sliced Kalamata olives (keep ¼ cup to use as a garnish)
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Wash and trim all the vegetables.
Cut the potatoes into large cubes and boil until cooked through (approximately 20-25 minutes).
While the potatoes are boiling. Cut the tomatoes into wedges, then cut the cucumbers and onions into half-moons.
Cut the boiled eggs into quarters, keeping one for a garnish.
Place all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season liberally with salt and pepper, add the oil and vinegar and mix well until combined.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 1503mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1628IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 10mg