Arugula Goat Cheese Salad
This arugula goat cheese salad is great partnered with the slightly piney, minty taste of thyme and juicy oranges.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad…
- 4 cups baby rocket (arugula) (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 avocado (approximately 200 grams)
- 2 oranges (approximately 260 grams)
- 50 grams goats cheese
- 2 tbsps fresh thyme (approximately 1 bunch with leaves removed from stalk and roughly chopped)
For the citrus vinaigrette...*
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tbsp lemon zest (approximately the zest from 1 lemon)
- ½ tbsp lime zest (approximately the zest from 1 lime)
- ½ tbsp orange zest (approximately the zest from 1 orange)
- ½ tbsp mandarin zest (approximately the zest from 1 mandarin)
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- ½ tbsp orange juice
- ½ tbsp mandarin juice
Wash the baby rocket and remove any wilted and damaged leaves Either pat or spin dry in a salad spinner to remove excess water, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
Peel the oranges, remove the pith and seeds, then slice into wedges, transfer to your mixing bowl and add the chopped thyme.
Peel the avocado remove the pit and slice, transfer to your bowl.
Add all your dressing ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
Pour half the vinaigrete over the salad, season with salt and pepper, toss until combined. Arrange in a salad bowl and crumble the goats cheese on top. Serve immediately.
- This is enough dressing for two salads, keep the remaing dressing in a glass jar in your fridge to use on another salad it will keep for 4-5 days.
- I have adjusted the nutritional panel to reflect this.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 555mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1267IU | Vitamin C: 105mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2mg