Butter Lettuce Salad with Strawberries & Lime, Raspberry Vinaigrette
This butter lettuce salad with sweet summer strawberries is a scrumptious make me and eat me now salad! A perfect summertime side for festive occasions.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad
- 150 grams butter lettuce (1 small head of lettuce, approximately 5.3 ounces)
- 250 grams strawberries (1 punnet plus a few extra to garnish, approximately 8.8 ounces)
- 60 grams red onion, optional (half a red onion, approximately 2 ounces)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
For the vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsps raspberry vinegar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (approximately 2 limes)
- Sliced strawberries and sliced limes to garnish.
For this salad, we are going to start with the dressing to allow the flavours to develop for a much tastier salad. Add all the dressing ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
Cut off the roots and core of your butter lettuce, then wash gently under cold running water. Then either gently pat the leaves dry with a towel or spin dry in a salad spinner. Gently tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
Wash your strawberries, hull them, then cut them in half.
Remove the papery skin from the onion, cut off the top and bottom, then dice finely. (The onion is optional and I did not add in this version).
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, pour the dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper, mix well, taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad platter and serve immediately, garnish with the extra strawberries and lime slices. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1259IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg