Thai Prawn Salad
Thai Shrimp Salad is bursting with mouth-watering Thai flavours. A wonderful light low-carb, low-cal lunch or no-fuss dinner.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad...
- 500 grams prawns (cooked)
- 250 grams mini Roma tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro) (small bunch with stems removed)
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
For the vinaigrette…
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (cut into chiffonade1)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
To make the prawns...
Peel and devein your cooked prawns, then cut into quarters. Rinse well in a colander under cold running water.
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified, pour over the prawns and mix well until the prawns are well coated with the dressing. Place in the refrigerator while you are preparing the rest of the salad.
To make the salad...
Wash the mini Roma tomatoes, pat dry with a towel then cut in half, transfer to a mixing bowl.
Wash the cucumber, trim the ends, cut in half then remove the seeds using a teaspoon or melon baller, transfer to your mixing bowl.
Wash all the herbs, spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water then chop roughly and add to your mixing bowl.
Putting it all together...
Take the prawns out of the fridge and add to your mixing bowl and toss until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad bowl, scatter the toasted sesame seeds on top to garnish and serve.
- Chiffonade is a slicing technique where leafy green vegetables and herbs such as spinach, basil, sorrel, etc. are cut into long, thin strips. To do this stack the leaves on top of each other, gently roll them into a cigar, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thin ribbons.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 315mg | Sodium: 2194mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1314IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 264mg | Iron: 5mg