Green Mango Salad with Asian Green Goddess Dressing
This Asian Green Mango Salad is made wonderfully aromatic with the use of Shiso Leaf. We have paired it with a decadent Asian Green Goddess dressing.
Servings: 6 as a side
Mandoline / V-Slicer
For the salad…
- 100 grams Shiso leaf (a small bunch or ½ medium, approximately 3.5 ounces)
- 60 grams mixed salad leaves (2 cups tightly packed, approximately 2 ounces)
- 250 grams baby cucumbers (or 2 Lebanese cucumbers, approximately 9 ounces)
- 450 grams green (raw) mango (2 mangos, approximately 16 ounces)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the Asian Green Goddess dressing…
- 4 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves (chopped)
- ¼ cup lime juice (from 2 medium limes)
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
For the garnish…
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes or roasted peanuts
Cut the shiso leaves from the stems and place in a colander.
Wash them under gently cold running water in the sink, tap the colander on the edge of the sink to remove excess water.
Then either pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or spin dry in a salad spinner.
Cut them chiffonade style. To do this stack a few at a time on top of each other, roll them into a cigar shape and slice thinly into ribbons.
Wash the mixed salad leaves, remove any wilted or damaged leaves. Then either pat or spin dry.
Wash the cucumbers, dry and trim them, then slice on the diagonal.
Wash and peel your green mangos, then slice into a fine julienne using a julienne peeler or julienne slicer attachment on your mandoline/v-slicer (be careful not to cut your fingers). Discard the seed, you should have approximately 2 cups of green mango.
Place all the dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender or a small food processor, season then and blitz until combined.
Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Pour into a small serving jug.
Place the salad leaves, shredded shiso, baby cucumbers and julienned mango in a large mixing bowl. Season and toss to combine, then arrange in salad bowl or on a salad platter.
Garnish with the chopped coriander/cilantro and coconunt flakes. Serve with the dressing on the side.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1109IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg