Arugula Fig Salad with Creamy Gorgonzola
Arugula fig salad shines the spotlight on delicious summer figs. Try them out in this beautiful salad with creamy Gorgonzola for a beautiful summertime side - perfect at barbecues.
Servings: 6 as a side
For the salad…
- 100 grams baby rocket (arugula)
- 4 figs, fresh (any that take your fancy)
- 100 grams Gorgonzola ( I used a creamy version)
- ¼ cup pistachios (crushed)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the dressing…
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsps orange blossom water 1
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
Add all the dresing ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
Wash and dry your arugula (rocket), then rinse and trim your figs, cut into quarters.
Dice your gorgonzola into small cubes.
Arrange your rocket on a salad platter, place your figs on top of the rocket, then top with the Gorgonzola and scatter the crushed pistachios on top to garnish.
Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
NOTE: I didn’t feel the need to toss this salad as I was afraid of damaging the gorgeous figs.
- Whether or not you use 1 or 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water will depend on the strength of your orange blossom water and your taste.
Start with 1 tablespoon taste and then add ½ tablespoon until you can just taste a hint of orange blossom in your dressing.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg