Apple Slaw - easy but ohh sooo delicious!
This Apple Slaw recipe came to mind when I had to use up some cabbage that was in the fridge, simple, fast yet so delicious. Crunchy cabbage, tart apples and a creamy dressing perfumed by the dill.
Servings: 6 as a side
Mandoline / V-Slicer
For the slaw...
- ¼ head red cabbage (medium) (400 grams, approximately 4 cups shredded)
- ¼ head savoy cabbage (small) (300 grams, approximately 3 cups shredded)
- 2 medium green apples
- ½ small bunch dill (¼ cup chopped for slaw +2-3 tbsps for dressing)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the dill yoghurt dressing...
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (I prefer to use either S&W or Hellman's)
- ¼ cup whole-egg mayonnaise (I prefer to use either S&W or Hellman's)
- 2-3 tbsps chopped dill
Wash and trim your cabbages, slice thinly with a v-slicer or with a sharp knife.
Wash and core the apples, cut them into fine matchsticks, place in a bowl of salted water (1 teaspoon for every 2 cups of water).
Wash your dill, shake to remove the water and pat dry. Cut off the stems chop finely.
Add all the dill yoghurt dressing ingredients to a small bowl, season and mix to combine.
Place all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season, add the dressing and massage until well combined.
Arrange in a salad bowl, garnish with some apple slices and dill frond. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 819IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg