Spring Mix Salad with Crunchy Peas & Seeds
This spring mix salad is a work of art in a salad bowl! Let’s zhuzh up a bag of lettuce by adding some spring veggies and crunchy seeds.
Servings: 6 as a side
- 4 cups spring mix salad (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 small punnet Mini Roma / Oval tomatoes (approximately 200 grams)
- 1 small punnet yellow oval tomatoes (approximately 200 grams)
- 1 medium Lebanese or Persian Cucumber (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 cup snow peas (approximately 150 grams)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (approximately 150 grams)
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ⅓ cup mixed seeds (I used Pepitas, sunflower, linseeds, black & white sesame seeds)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
Wash and string your snow peas and sugar snap peas, pat dry and julienne.
Wash, dry and slice your yellow and red tomatoes in half.
Rinse your cucumber and slice thinly either using a sharp knife or mandoline/v-slicer.
Wash and dry your mint leaves.
Add all the vegetables, mint, seeds, olive oil and red wine vinegar to a large mixing bowl.
Season and toss your salad, taste and adjust seasonings.
Arrange in a salad bowl - Serve & Enjoy!
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 761IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg