French Green Salad with French Vinaigrette
This simple French Green Salad with a classic French vinaigrette will be a welcome addition to your salad arsenal. It is quick and easy to put together and goes with absolutely everything you can imagine.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad
- 4 cups mixed leaves (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 medium Lebanese or Persian Cucumber (approximately 120 grams)
- 1 large avocado (approximately 300 grams)
For the French Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsps finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsps red- or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Wash the salad leaves and either pat dry or spin dry in a salad spinner.
Wash, trim and peel your cucumber leaving alternate green strips then cut it into rounds.
Peel and dice your avocado.
Finely dice your shallot and place in a glass jar with the remaining dressing ingredients. Season and shake until emulsified.
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, pour over the dressing, season and toss until combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad bowl and serve immediately.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 542IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg