Thai Mango Salad with Thai Vinaigrette
This Thai mango salad is bursting with fresh summer flavour salad and vibrant colours. A wonderful cooling accompaniment to Thai curries or add some protein for a light meal.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the Salad
- 4 cups baby spinach (approximately 120 grams)
- 2 mangoes (approximately 700 grams)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) (approximately 200 grams)
- ½ cup chopped coriander (cilantro) should be approximately ½ small bunch)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the Thai Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 small Thai chilli (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (approximately Zest of 1 lime)
- 2 kaffir limes (chiffonade*)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- ½ stalk lemongrass (chopped finely) (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon Palm sugar (or ¾ teaspoon brown)
Wash the mango then dice into medium chunks then peel and dice the narrow mango strips.
Wash your baby spinach then either pat dry or spin dry in a salad spinner.
Wash and trim your capsicum (bell pepper), and cut into small strips.
Wash your coriander (cilantro), shake and pat dry then roughly chop.
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients into a small food processor or high-speed blender and blitz until combined.
Place all the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper, pour over the dressing and toss well to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad bowl or platter and serve immediately.
*Chiffonade is a slicing technique where leafy green vegetables and herbs such as spinach, basil, sorrel, etc. are cut into long, thin strips.
To do this stack the leaves on top of each other, gently roll them into a cigar, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thin ribbons.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 886mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 4999IU | Vitamin C: 89mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg