Yellow Bean Salad with American Dressing
Shhhh our Yellow Bean Salad has an alias 😮 it is also known as Wax Bean Salad. A lip-smacking recipe and a lifesaver when it comes to feeding a crowd!
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad
- 350 grams yellow beans (approximately 12.35 oz)
- 350 grams green beans (approximately 12.35 oz)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (fresh)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (roasted)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsps American mustard (also known as yellow mustard)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
Wash and trim beans, cut them in half. Bring two pots of water to the boil and then add the green beans in one and the yellow beans in the other pot.
Boil them until they are tender approximately 5-10 minutes for the green or 3-5 minutes for the yellow, they should be tender yet firm.*
Refresh in the sink under cold running water.
2-PREP REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Add dressing ingredients to a glass jar, season and shake well until emulsified.
Wash and dry mint and strip the leaves from stems.
Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Pour over the dressing and mix well to combine, taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
Arrange in a salad bowl and serve.
- Though admittedly as I was making this salad for Mum and Dad I cooked the beans a bit longer as than I usually do as they like them a bit soft.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 731IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg