Tricolore Salad - add a bit of Italy to dinner!
Our Tricolore Salad is bright, fresh and super fast to put together and made with readily available ingredients. An ideal weekday side that pairs with just about everything.
Servings: 6 as a side
- 560 grams Roma tomatoes (approximately 4 medium tomatoes, 20 oz)
- 200 grams Lebanese cucumbers (approximately 2 small cucumbers, 7 oz)
- 200 grams avocado (approximately 1 medium avocado, 7 oz)
- 250 grams baby bocconcini (1 tub baby bocconcini, 9 oz)
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Basil sprigs to garnish (optional)
Wash and trim your cucumbers and Roma tomatoes and slice into rounds.
Drain the bocconcini balls then slice into rounds.
Wash, remove the pit, peel then dice your avocado into chunks.
Place all the chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the oil and vinegar (and sweetener if you are using it), season with sea salt and cracked black pepper and mix well to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking, arrange in a salad bowl and chill until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 917IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 1mg