Fennel Orange Salad with Seedy Mustard
A Fennel Orange Salad that will make your tastebuds sing with happiness, full of vitamin C to fight off winter colds.
Servings: 6 as a side
Mandolin / V-Slicer
For the salad...
- 450 grams fennel bulbs (2 medium fennel bulbs, approximately 16 ounces)
- 90 grams baby rocket (approximately 3 cups or 3 ounces)
- 200 grams oranges (approximately 2 medium or 7 ounces)
For the vinaigrette...
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard (also referred to as seeded mustard)
Wash your rocket then either pat dry with a towel or spin dry in your salad spinner.
Wash, trim and remove the core from your fennel, then slice thinly on a mandoline/v-slicer or with a sharp knife. Place in water until you are ready to assemble your salad together.
Wash your oranges, peel, remove the pith, and dice into medium pieces.
Place all your vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar, season and shake until emulsified.
Strain and dry your fennel then add all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season, mix well until combined.
Arrange in a salad bowl and chill until you are ready to serve.
For added texture and crunch, you may garnish with some roasted nuts such as pecans or walnuts.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 539IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg