Peach Salad with Mozzarella & Verjuice
This luscious peach salad with mozzarella is simple and delicious- perfect for summer entertaining the. Marinating the peaches in nutmeg and verjuice makes this salad truly sensational.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the nectarines...
- 3 peaches (approximately 400 grams)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (approximately 3 stems)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 5 tbsps verjuice
For the salad...
- 90 grams baby rocket (arugula) (approximately 3 cups)
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 125 grams mozzarella (1 large mozzrella ball)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Mint leaves to garnish
Wash your peaches, cut them in half, remove the pit and slice thinly.
Wash your mint, pat dry, pick the leaves from the stems and roughly chop. Freshly grate your nutmeg.
Place the peaches, mint leaves, nutmeg and verjuice in a shallow dish and mix gently until combined. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Wash and dry your rocket (arugula), then slice your mozzarella ball.
Put all your ingredients to a mixing bowl, season and toss gently. Taste and adjust seasonings and flavourings according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad platter or bowl and serve immediately.
- If you can’t find verjuice you may substitute with white wine vinegar adding a little melted honey depending on how sweet or tart your nectarines are.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1231IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 1mg