Olive Salad with Tomatoes and Peppers
This olive salad is just what the doctor ordered chock full of healthy fats and powerful antioxidants. A quick and easy way for you to get your vitamins the delicious way.
For the salad...
- 400 grams cherry tomatoes (approximately 3 cups
- 1 large green capsicums (bell peppers) (approximately 300 grams)
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (coarsely chopped)
- ⅓ cup black kalamata olives (pitted)
- ⅓ cup green olives (pitted)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the vinaigrette…
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
Rinse your olives and cut them into quarters, lengthwise.
Wash your vegetables and trim, dice the capsicums, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and roughly chop the parsley.
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a small glass jar and shake until emulsified.
Pour the dressing over salad, season with salt and pepper then toss gently until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning according to your taste.
Arrange in a salad bowl and chill until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg