Healthy Cucumber Salad with Szechuan Peppers
This Healthy Cucumber Salad is wonderfully cool, refreshing, and super easy to make yet looks elegant enough to serve at your next Asian banquet or dinner party.
Servings: 4 as a side
Vegetable or Y-Peeler
For the salad...
- 1 red oak leaf lettuce (small)
- 300 grams Lebanese cucumbers (approximately 2 medium)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns (slightly crushed)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the vinaigrette…
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns (slightly crushed)
Cut off the core from your lettuce, wash and pat dry with a towel or use a salad spinner to remove excess water, arrange on a salad platter.
Wash the cucumbers and remove the tops and ends, then use a vegetable or y-peeler to slice into ribbons.
Arrange the cucumber ribbons on top of the lettuce, season with salt and pepper, scatter the coriander and Szechuan peppercorns on top.
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients in a glass and shake until emulsified.
Either pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately or place it in a sauceboat to serve on the side.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg