Chopped Kale Salad with Summer Veg
Our Kale chopped salad will give you bites of delectable flavour with each forkful. We combine summer veg with a famous superfood kale for the best chopped salad to take to pot lucks and parties
Servings: 6 as a side
- ½ bunch kale (approx. 6 stems or 6 cups or 170 grams)
- 2 medium tomatoes (we used Truss) (approximately 450 grams)
- 1 medium cucumber (Lebanese or Persian) (approximately 150 grams)
- 1 small red onion (approximately 80 grams)
- ½ cup kefalograviera, grated (approximately 70 grams)
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, roasted (approximately 45 grams)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Wash your kale and rip the leafy parts from the ribs, discard the ribs chop the leaves finely.
Add chopped kale to a large mixing bowl, season, then pour over the oil and vinegar. Massage the kale for 3-5 minutes until tender but don’t overdo it.
Wash and trim all your vegetables, remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut everything into a small dice.
Either coarsely grate or cut your cheese into a small dice.
Place everything in a large mixing bowl, season, then mix well to combine.
Arrange in a salad bowl, keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1506IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 1mg