Romaine Avocado Salad with Vegan Caesar Dressing
This Romaine Avocado Salad is quick, easy, and an ideal side to any dinner or use it as a base to create a main meal salad. While our vegan Caesar adds a beautiful creaminess with no dairy products so will also suit those who are lactose intolerant.
Servings: 4 as a side
For the salad
- ½ head Romaine/Cos lettuce (approximately 350 grams)
- 2 large avocados (approximately 500 grams)
- 2 medium Lebanese or Persian cucumbers (approximately 240 grams)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ⅓ cup coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps olive oil (for oil-free replace with tahini)
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
Wash all the vegetables and pat dry with a clean towel.
Cut off the lettuce core and remove any damaged outer leaves then shred.
Trim the tops and bottoms of the cucumber and cut into rounds.
Remove the seed from the avocado and then dice, add some lemon juice to prevent it from browning.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a small food processor or blender, season with some sea salt and cracked black pepper and blitz until well combined.
Place everything in a mixing bowl, pour over the dressing, season and toss well to combine.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6992IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg