LOW CARB SALAD WITH 1.7 g NET CARBS
In this Heirloom Tomato Salad, the tomatoes are truly a star, just sensational with the aromatic basil and the creamy whipped feta.
Another salad that you can serve just about with anything. I first made this salad for a girly lunch with a caramelised onion tart and it was also served as part of a summer Christmas lunch with roast turkey, roast pork and ham. This would also be great served with pasta.
- Small Food Processor or Bullet / High Speed Blender
For the salad…
- 6 heirloom tomatoes (I used very ripe ox-heart tomatoes)
- 4 tbsps olive oil good quality
- ¼ cup small basil leaves or micro basil
- Sea salt
For the whipped feta…
- 230 grams feta crumbled
- 80 grams cream cheese
- ¼ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Gently wash your ox-heart tomatoes, shake to remove the excess water, cut off the tops and bottoms then slice into wedges. Transfer to a bowl and season with some sea salt, to allow them to release their flavours.
- Place the crumbled feta in a small food processor and pulse until smooth, add the chopped basil leaves and pulse until combined, add the cream cheese and olive oil and pulse until smooth.
- Smear the whipped feta on one side of a salad platter, pile the tomato wedges on one side, then drizzle over the olive oil and then scatter with the basil leaves. Serve immediately.
This video is courtesy of Cravings.