Our Cajun Salad Dressing is cool and creamy with a spicy Cajun heat and is just brimming with tangy flavour. Perfect for salads, as a sauce for grilled meats or a dip for your crudités!
The star in this delectable dressing is the Cajun spice mix typified by its peppery spiciness, and agreeable oregano, thyme notes combined with paprika, onion flakes, garlic powder and cayenne pepper for some extra heat. It really makes a huge difference if you take the time to make your own as most store-bought varieties have added salt.
What Can I Use It On?
- Use it as you would any ranch dressing especially great with mixed salads, chopped salads and kale salads.
- A fantastic alternative to mayonnaise in your pasta salads and coleslaws
- Fabulous on bean salads.
- Makes an excellent dip for crudités and pita chips.
- Great topping for your roast vegetables try it on potatoes, carrots, beets and pumpkin.
- Try it on grilled corn with some crispy bacon.
- Use it as a sauce on simple grilled meats and spicy chicken wings.
You Will Need
How to Make It
Wash your parsley, shake to remove excess water, dry and roughly chop.
Add everything to a small food processor, season and then blitz together until everything is well combined.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
How Much Does It Make?
It will make approximately ¾ cup of salad dressing enough for 1 large salad that serves 6 people.
How Long Can I Store It For?
Keep it in a sealed container in your fridge (not on the door), and it should keep for 4-5 days.
We Have Used It On
Cajun Chicken Salad (stay tuned for our delicious recipe!)
Also Try it on
You could try using this Cajun Salad Dressing as an alternative to the dressings in these salads:
- Bullet or High Speed Blender or Small Food Processor
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsps parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoon Cajun spice 1 if you don’t like spicy food
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Wash your parsley, shake to remove excess water, dry and roughly chop.
- Add everything to a small food processor, season and then blitz together until everything is well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.