This keto avocado salad is brought to life with a delightful smoked paprika dressing which can double as a marinade for meats and poultry.
Creamy avocado that has been fanned, sweet peppers and citrusy coriander (cilantro) are all drizzled with our unforgettable smoked paprika dressing. Oh so pretty yet bursting with flavour.
This is a low-carb keto, vegan, vegetarian, paleo-friendly salad that is also suitable for dairy and gluten-free dieters.
Table of contents
What can I use instead of smoked paprika?
This delectable spice brings a deep, smoky aroma and flavour to meals. It originates from Spain and is made from pimiento peppers that have been dried and smoked over an oak fire, then ground into a fine powder.
Your best alternative would be Chipotle powder as it is also smoky and full-bodied. It is made from dried jalapeno peppers, so just use half the amount as it has twice the heat of smoked paprika.
Make up your own smoky mix by using 2 parts paprika to 1-part cumin powder. The paprika for its mild taste and colour and the cumin powder for its smokiness and depth of flavour.
How to store your avocado
- Avocados should be stored at room temperature until they are ripe, you may be able to speed up the avocado ripening process by placing unripe avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple or banana for two to three days.
- After an avocado has ripened you may store it in your fridge, otherwise, its flavour may be ruined.
- You can store cut avocados by squeezing lemon juice on the cut flesh and keeping them covered in your fridge.
You Will Need
How to make keto avocado salad
Wash the capsicum, remove the core, seeds and membranes then finely dice.
Remove the papery skin, tops and ends of the onion then finely dice.
Wash your coriander remove any damaged or wilted leaves, shake and pat dry. Cut off and discard the stems then roughly chop the leaves.
Place all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
3PREPARE AVOCADO & ASSEMBLE
Rinse and peel your avocado, remove the seed, then slice each half, transfer each half to a platter and then fan out.
Squeeze some lime or lemon juice on top, season with some salt and pepper. Pour over your vinaigrette. Add the diced pepper, onion and chopped coriander/cilantro. Serve immediately.
This keto avocado salad would pair well with most meats, poultry, pasta and seafood. I served this pretty avocado salad with some chargrilled tuna steaks and it was a fantastic combination! You could also try it with
Looking for more avocado recipes?
- 2 avocados
- ½ red capsicum (pepper)
- ½ small onion | diced finely
- ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves | loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tbsps olive oil | extra virgin
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Wash and trim your onions and peppers, remove the seeds and chop into small dice.
- Rinse your coriander, pat dry, remove the stems and roughly chop the leaves.
- Place all your vinaigrette ingredients in a glass jar, season and shake until emulsified.
- Rinse and peel your avocado, slice each half then transfer each half to a platter and fan out. Squeeze some lime or lemon juice on top, season with some salt and pepper. Pour over your vinaigrette.
- Scatter your onion and pepper mix on top, garnish with the chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply