Inspired by the Middle East, this Orange and Rosewater Vinaigrette is a fragrant, flavourful, and healthy dressing that is perfect for salads, grain bowls, or as a marinade. It will add a fragrant citrusy floral note to your next salad
What is rosewater?
Fragrant rosewater is a Middle Eastern staple and is used in both sweet and savoury recipes. It is created by steeping rose petals in water and adds a delicate floral aroma to your recipes.
You will either find it in the baking section in your supermarket or in the International food aisle.
If you are unable to find rosewater you may substitute with vanilla extract.
Use 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract for every 2 tablespoons of rosewater in any recipe.
with this Middle Eastern-inspired vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tbsps lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsps orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsps rose water
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Find a container that has a tight-fitting lid - glass jars are perfect for this
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the container, cover it and shake until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- This recipe will make approximately one cup of salad dressing, which should be enough for one salad to serve four people.