Inspired by the Middle East, this Orange and Rosewater Vinaigrette is a fragrant, flavourful, and healthy dressing that is perfect for salads, grain bowls, or as a marinade. It will add a fragrant citrusy floral note to your next salad
You Will Need
How To Make It
Start by finding a container with a tight-fitting lid. Glass jars work perfectly for this.
Place the oil, juices, spices, season with salt and pepper and then just add one tablespoon of the orange blossom water in a glass jar.
Shake until emulsified, then taste and depending on the strength of your orange blossom water add the second tablespoon.
Once you're satisfied with the flavours, your delicious homemade dressing is ready to be drizzled over your favorite salad.
- Use it on Salads: Such as leafy green salads, carrot salads, cabbage and brassica salads, beet salads, fennel and orange salads, strawberry spinach and quinoa salads.
- Grilled Chicken Marinade: Use the vinaigrette as a marinade for grilled chicken, infusing it with a burst of citrusy and floral notes.
- Fruit Salad Drizzle: Drizzle the vinaigrette over a fruit salad comprising strawberries, kiwi, and mint for a refreshing and elegant touch.
- Quinoa and Pomegranate Bowl: Mix the vinaigrette with cooked quinoa, pomegranate arils, cucumber, and fresh herbs for a light and flavorful grain bowl.
We Have Used It On:
Tips and Questions
What is Rosewater?
Fragrant rosewater is a Middle Eastern staple and is used in both sweet and savoury recipes. It is created by steeping rose petals in water and adds a delicate floral aroma to your recipes.
Where Can I Find Rosewater?
You will either find it in the baking section in your supermarket or in the International food aisle.
Or at any Middle Eastern specialty store.
What Can I Use Instead of Rosewater?
- If you are unable to find rosewater you may substitute with vanilla extract.
- Use 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract for every 2 tablespoons of rosewater in any recipe.
Can I Use Bottled Orange Juice Instead of Fresh?
While fresh orange juice is recommended for optimal flavour, you can use high-quality bottled orange juice if fresh is unavailable.
How Long Can I Store Orange and Rosewater Dressing.
Pour it into a glass jar that can be tightly sealed and it should keep for approximatel 3-4 days.
with this Middle Eastern-inspired vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tbsps lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsps orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tbsps rose water
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Find a container that has a tight-fitting lid - glass jars are perfect for this
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the container, cover it and shake until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- This recipe will make approximately one cup of salad dressing, which should be enough for one salad to serve four people.