This Thai Vinaigrette features all the fresh, vibrant flavours of Thailand.
“Thai food is the juggling of disparate elements
to create a harmonious finish”
David Thompson author of Thai Food
Use this Thai Vinaigrette on…
- Tomato salads with fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Fresh green salads with avocado
- To add a Thai twist to your noodles
- Marinating beef for a Thai Beef salad (How to Cook a Perfect Steak)
- Marinating chicken fillets
- Marinate salmon or tuna wrapped in baking paper and then steamed
- Brushed on eggplant and then roasted
Try some more of our tasty Thai style salads…
- Small Food Processor or High-Speed / Bullet Blender
- 3 tbsps olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 small Thai chilli (chopped)
- Zest of 1 lime (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 kaffir limes (chiffonade*)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- ½ stalk stalk lemongrass (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp Palm sugar (¾ teaspoon brown)
- Place all the ingredients in a small food processor or high-speed blender and blitz until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- You can store in the fridge for a couple of days or pour over your salad.
- This recipe makes a total of half a cup of dressing enough for one salad that serves four, the nutritional information is also calculated this way.
- Chiffonade is a slicing technique where leafy green vegetables and herbs such as spinach, basil, sorrel, etc. are cut into long, thin strips.
To do this stack the leaves on top of each other, gently roll them into a cigar, and then use a sharp knife to slice them into thin ribbons.