This Fresh Artichoke Salad utilises the hearts which have a mild, light flavour that pairs wonderfully with the peppery rocket, fresh dill and lemon.
This fresh light salad pairs well with any grilled or roasted fish. We served ours with a gorgeous whole barbecued snapper.
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 6.4 g NET CARBS
- 50 grams wild rocket arugula
- 10 whole artichokes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon 1 medium lemon
- 1-2 tbsps dill
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Clean and prepare your artichokes – for detailed instructions.
- Drop artichokes into a large pot of boiling salted water along with 1 to 2 lemon halves. Top with a heavy heatproof plate or pot lid that fits into the pot to keep them submerged. Lower the heat to a strong simmer and cook until the leaves are tender and the heart can be pierced easily with a paring knife, 10 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain the artichokes in a colander and run under cold water, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- Arrange in a salad bowl and serve.