This colourful Mexican Bean Salad Recipe is full of incredibly tasting flavours! Red beans, corn and avocado are paired with lime, chilli and coriander.
A perfect make-ahead salad for your next dinner party or barbecue or to take on your next picnic.
Mexican Bean Salad Recipe with Avocado Salsa
For the salad…
- 1 can red kidney beans (400 grams)
- 1 cup corn kernels (from a can)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red banana capsicum (pepper)
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) (chopped)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the vinaigrette…
- ⅓ cup lime juice (approximately 4 heavy limes)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsps cumin (ground)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
For the salsa…
- 1 avocado
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp coriander (cilantro) leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsps lime juice (approximately 1 lime)
- Salt to taste
For the garnish…
- 1-2 red chillies (sliced on the diagonal)
To make the salad…
- Drain your can of red kidney beans and corn kernels in a colander and rinse well under cold running water. Allow to drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Wash your carrot and cucumber, trim their ends, peel the carrot. Cut them both into small dice. Transfer to your mixing bowl.
- Rinse your capsicum, remove the seeds and core and cut into small dice. Transfer to your bowl and add your coriander leaves.
- Add all your vinaigrette ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
- Pour your dressing over your salad, season with salt and pepper and toss well until combined.
To make the avocado salsa…
- Wash your chilli, remove the seeds and chop into fine dice.
- Pit and peel your avocado and cut into small dice.
- In a small mixing bowl place the chilli, avocado, coriander leaves, lime juice then season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Putting it all together…
- Arrange your salad in a salad bowl, place the avocado salsa on top and garnish with the chilli slices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This video is courtesy of My Food and Family.