This versatile and easy turmeric dressing is vibrant and flavourful, and it adds a healthy boost to salads or whatever dishes you care to serve it with.
This colourful dressing has a wonderful peppery bite to it thanks to the fresh turmeric and ginger, the apple cider vinegar will allow you to keep it in your fridge for longer than a citrus based dressing.
Healing Powers of Turmeric
It is the curucumin in turmeric that contains the powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that it is famous for.
Curcumin has many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer's and cancer. It may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
Adding fresh black pepper to your turmeric recipes enhances curcumin absorption in the body by up to 2,000%‼️
WHAT CAN I USE TURMERIC DRESSING ON?
- Drizzle it over salads with leafy greens such as spinach, mixed lettuce, arugula/rocket; sturdy greens such as kale and silverbeet; brassicas such as broccoli, broccollini, cauliflower or romanesco; also wonderful on bean salads.
- Spoon it over roasted veggies such as squash, pumpkin or Brussels sprouts.
- Serve it with a grain bowl.
DOUBLES AS A MARINADE
Another super little dressing that can double as a marinade, great for grilled prawns, fish or chicken.
How to Make This Dressing
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar, season with some sea salt and cracked black pepper then shake until emulsified. For a smother consistency blitz in your high-speed or bullet blender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- Keep in a sealed container in your fridge for approximately 10 days.
How Much Dressing Does it Make?
This recipe makes just over half a cup of dressing enough for a salad that serves 4; the nutritional information has been calculated per serving.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE IT FOR?
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for approximately 10 days.
We have used it on…
- Glass Jar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp turmeric, fresh (grated)
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified (well combined).
- Keep in a sealed container in your fridge for a week or so.