Not only is this Turmeric Salad delicious it has all health benefits of curcumin. The pungent turmeric complements the crunchy celery, earthy pistachios and sweet Medjool dates.
This sweet salad pairs well with spicy foods, a great salad to serve alongside a hot curry. I paired this salad with spicy Madras Chicken Breasts.
- Salad Spinner
For the salad…
- 100 grams mixed lettuce leaves
- 450 grams celery (approximately 3-4 stalks)
- ⅓ cup pistachios (slightly crushed ) 1
- ⅓ cup Medjool dates chopped
For the dressing…
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp turmeric, fresh (grated)
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the garnish…
- ¼ cup pistachios (slightly crushed)
- ¼ cup dates (chopped)
- Wash your mixed lettuce leaves in a colander under cold running water, remove any damaged or wilted leaves. Shake and then either pat dry with a towel or spin dry in a salad spinner.
- Wash your celery stalks, de-thread them and slice thinly. Transfer to your bowl and add the pistachios and dates.
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
- Pour your dressing over your salad, season with salt and pepper and toss until combined.
- Arrange in a salad bowl, scatter the pistachios and dates to garnish and serve immediately.
- The pistachios are crushed in this salad for their bright green colour
This video is courtesy of Milly White Cooks