Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette is another one of our go-to favourites, as it is just so easy to make in a quadrillion different ways. Healthy, easy and just so divine you will want to use it on everything!
This is a simple lemon garlic salad dressing that can be used to brighten any salad with its fresh, zingy flavour!
Made from fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh garlic, it is easy and fast to make and is a great base to add any fresh herbs (try basil, oregano, parsley, tarragon), or add some bite with your favourite mustard (try Dijon, wholegrain or Hot Engish).
If you are looking for a creamy salad dressing, try our Creamy Cajun Dressing to add some fruitiness to your salad, try our Blueberry Basil Salad Dressing; for a smoky flavour, try our Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette is sensational.
You Will Need
Some Variations to Make It Your Own
- Add some fresh herbs - a recipe that suits soft herbs such as basil, dill, mint, parsley, and tarragon, as well as more woody herb varieties such as rosemary, thyme or sage.
- Add some cheese - add some creaminess by adding 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite cheese; try parmesan, pecorino, feta, or even Gorgonzola works well.
- Add some roasted nuts - add some crunch by chopping up your favourite roasted nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamias or hazelnuts.
- Add a different oil - boost the flavour and try it with some avocado oil or a nut oil such as walnut or hazelnut.
- Add some mustard - add some tang by adding your favourite mustard; try Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard or add some heat with some hot English mustard.
How to Make It
Find a container that has a tight-fitting lid - glass jars are perfect for this.
Add all the dressing ingredients to the container, cover it and shake until emulsified.
Alternatively, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
You may like to strain the dressing to remove the garlic if you prefer.
What Can I Use It On?
Our super simple lemon garlic vinaigrette is great on just about anything and everything, but here are a few ways to use it to get you started -
- Fresh green bean salads.
- Any bean or legume salad such as garbanzo beans (chickpeas), white beans or red kidney beans.
- Kale, silverbeet or chard salads
- Green salads with avocado
- Tomato salads
- Grain salads such as tabouli, couscous farro or quinoa salad
- Drizzle on steamed or roasted veg
- As a marinade for any meat, poultry or fish
Tips and Questions
How Much Does It Make?
This lemon garlic vinaigrette recipe makes approximately one cup of dressing enough for two salads that serve four or 11 tablespoons of dressing.
Can I Make It Ahead?
- As this flavourful dressing contains lemon juice, it is best used soon after making it. Best made the day before you need to use it and stored in a glass container in the fridge.
- Make sure you bring it to room temperature before using it, as olive oil will solidify in the fridge.
How Long Can I Store It For?
It will keep for approximately 2-3 days (at the most) in the fridge; any longer, the garlic will smell, and the lemon juice will lose its tang.
Why is My Vinaigrette Bitter?
- This usually has to do with the quality of your olive oil; always choose “virgin” or “extra virgin” varieties, as this means that the oil has been extracted by mechanical and not chemical means. This ensures the flavour and health benefits are not compromised during processing.
- To adjust the bitterness, try adding a teaspoon of a sweetener such as honey or maple syrup.
- This is a versatile salad dressing suitable for all diets - vegan, paleo, whole30, keto/low-carb, gluten and dairy free.
- Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette is low-calorie, with 88 calories per serving and a negligible net carb count of 0.1 grams.
Use it as an alternative dressing in our...
- A container that has a tight-fitting lid such as a glass jar.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves cloves (minced)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Find a container that has a tight-fitting lid - glass jars are perfect for this.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the container, cover it and shake until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- You may like to strain the dressing to remove the garlic if you prefer.
- This lemon garlic vinaigrette recipe makes approximately one cup of dressing or 11 tablespoons. This is enough for two salads that serve four people . The nutritional information has been calculated per tablespoon.