Say goodbye to boring regular mayo and try our super delicious and super healthy Avocado Mayo instead - so easy and just so good for you!
Avocado Mayo is a wonderfully rich and creamy alternative to mayonnaise and has all the rejuvenating and antioxidant powers that avocados are famous for.
This is an easy recipe that you can also make your own by using lime juice instead of lemon, adding a garlic cove or even a pinch of chilli powder.
Table of contents
What can I use it on?
This wonderful creamy avocado mayo can be used in pretty much the same way as you would regular mayo -
- use it in your salads such as coleslaw, pasta, or anything else you can think of
- use it as a spread in your sandwiches or wraps
- spoon over tacos or roasted vegetables
- use it as a dip for crudités or potato wedges or pita bread
You Will Need...
How to Make It
- Cut your avocado into chunks and place it in a blender or small food processor; add your oil, lemon juice, water and a pinch of salt.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy; it should have the consistency of mayonnaise.
Add more water or lemon juice if needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste; you may need to add a bit more lemon juice or salt at this point.
How long does Avocado Mayo keep?
Even though avocados have a tendency to go brown, we have added lemon juice, so you will find that your avocado mayo will keep covered in the fridge for approximately 3-4 days.
We have used it on...
- Small Food Processor or High-Speed / Bullet Blender
- 250 grams avocado (1 medium avocado the flesh should be approximately 250 grams/ 8.82 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and cracked black
- Place all the avocado mayo ingredients in a small food processor or blender, season with some salt.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- This is enough dressing for one medium salad for four people.