The OXO Good Grips Salad spinner is another great product by OXO, which is known for making well-made and well-thought-out products.
These are affiliate links which means that if the product is purchased by linking through this review, Salads with Anastasia receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing.
This salad spinner has a plunger-type design that spins the inner basket and then removes the water towards the outside basket. This allows you to dry your salad leaves with a simple press of the soft, non-slip knob. The non-slip base keeps the bowl steady on the countertop and the built-in brake button stops the Salad Spinner for unloading.
You can also make use of the basket as a colander, and the lid comes apart for easy cleaning.
Selected as one of People Magazine’s 2017 50 Food Favourites.
EASE OF USE: Very Easy to use
MY RATING: 4.5 out of 5 stars
- The pump-style design makes it easy for everyone to use without the need for significant hand strength or fine motor skills.
- Your salad leaves will be dry and crisp because of the higher RPM rate caused by continual turning in the same direction.
- Steady on your benchtop because of the non-slip ring.
- One-handed operation.
- Clear lid allows you to view exactly what is going on in your spinner.
- It comes apart easily for easy washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- BPA free.
- Quite large and difficult to store.
- Not as smooth and fluid as other salad spinners.
|Colour||Green and Clear|
|Item Weight||1.5 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||26.7 x 26.7 x 19 cm|
Where can I buy it from?
You can purchase your OXO Salad Spinner from any major kitchen supply shop or by using our affiliate link. These don’t cost you anything, but they allow us to continue running this site and provide free content for our readers.
For US Shoppers
Why should you use a salad?
For the ins and outs of salad spinners, read our salad spinner post.