Prawn and Avocado is an Australian summer classic! A ideal salad to highlight fresh Australian prawns, matched with the creaminess of the avocado and a hit of zingy lemon makes this salad perfect for a light summer meal.
Served with crusty bread this makes for a refreshing lunch or light dinner. Alternatively, serve it as part of a summer seafood buffet.
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 2g NET CARBS
- 1 avocado
- 24 cooked prawns
- Juice of 1 lemon medium-large
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Peel and devein your cooked prawns, rinse well in a colander under cold running water. Leave in the colander to drain well (place a plate underneath and keep in the fridge).
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit, then cut into slices. Fan 1/4 of each onto each corner of a square platter, squeeze some lemon juice on the avocado to avoid discolouration.
- In a mixing bowl place the peeled prawns, olive oil, remaining lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined, taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- Arrange the prawns in the middle of the platter with the fanned avocado quarters at each corner, serve immediately.
The video in this recipe is courtesy of The Raw Chef.