This Spring Radish Salad was inspired by a recipe that I came across for chilli lime almonds that I had come across. The juniper flavoured gin and zesty lime vinaigrette suited the peppery radishes and the crisp leaves perfectly.
Radishes pair well with crab; grains such as farro, pearl barley or millet; pork; red meats (great with a nice juicy steak; tofu and eggs. We served ours with
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 2.4 g NET CARBS
- Mandolin or V-Slicer
- Salad Spinner
For the salad…
- 120 grams radish (approximately 1 small bunch of 6)
- 150 grams mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup chilli lime almonds 1
For the vinaigrette…
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps Gin
- 2 tsps lime zest (approximately 1 lime)
- Wash your salad leaves under cold running water, remove any damaged or wilted leaves, then spin dry in a salad spinner to remove excess water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Wash your radishes thoroughly, remove the tops and ends, cut off any damaged areas. Pat dry with a towel, then slice thinly on a mandoline or v-slicer. Transfer to your bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
- Add most of your chilli lime almonds to your bowl (reserve two tablespoons for a garnish). Pour the dressing over the salad, season with salt and pepper and toss gentle until the salad is well coated with the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust according to your taste.
- Arrange the salad in a salad platter and scatter the extra almonds on top to garnish. Serve immediately.
- This is the recipe to make 2 cups of the chilli lime almonds
The video in this recipe is courtesy of Web MD.