Try our Sunflower Seed Dressing to add some dreamy, creamy deliciousness to your salads. It makes a great plant-based alternative to mayonnaise!
More on sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds come from the large flower heads of the bright and sunny sunflower plant. They have a nutty flavour that is enhanced by roasting them.
They contain mono and polyunsaturated fats which are a great anti-inflammatory and heart-healthy fats as well being a good source of fibre and protein.
Sunflower seeds are especially high in vitamin E and selenium. which protect cells against free radical damage. They may also help to reduce your risk of inflammation, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
What Can I Use It On?
A great plant-based alternative to use anywhere you would mayonnaise.
- Use it on coleslaws, pasta and potato salads.
- Great on heartier green salads such as kale, chard, silverbeet, spinach, romaine/cos and iceberg lettuce.
- Wonderful on roasted veg such as zucchini, carrot, beets, cauliflower and broccoli.
- A wonderful dip for veggies and toasted pita.
- Makes a delightful sauce for grilled chicken or fish.
What I love about this dressing
- It's delightfully creamy without a spot of dairy.
- It has wonderfully nutty flavour thanks to the toasted sunflower seeds.
- It's a versatile dressing that you can use anywhere you would mayo.
- It lasts for a week in your fridge so it's perfect for meal prep and for entertaining.
- It's vegan, gluten-free, paleo and whole30 friendly.
You Will Need
How to Make It
Preheat your oven to 180F (360F) for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Place your roasted sunflower seeds in your blender and blitz to a powder.
3BLITZ TIL CREAMY
Add remaining dressing ingredients, season and blitz until smooth and creamy. It should be the consistency of mayonnaise if it is too thick just add some more water to loosen.
Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
How Much Does It Make?
This will make approximately 1 cup of dressing equal to 16 tablespoons. Enough for a ginormous salad that will serve 8 people.
How Long Can I Store It For?
If you store it in a sealed container in the cold part of your fridge it should last at least4-5 days.
We Have Used It On our
Sunflower Crunch Salad
Try it as alternative dressing on...
- Bullet or High Speed Blender or Small Food Processor
- 1 cup sunflower seeds roasted in the oven til golden
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced ￼
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180F (360F)
- Place seeds in an oven tray and roast for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place your roasted sunflower seeds in your blender and blitz to a powder.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients, season and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- This dressing should be the consistency of mayonnaise if it is too thick just add some more water to loosen.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking.
- Keep it in a sealed container and store in your fridge.
- This will make approximately 1 cup of dressing equal to 16 tablespoons. Enough for a ginormous salad that will serve 8 people.
- Stores covered in your fridge for 4-5 days.
Leave a Reply