Our Radish Green Salad is the easiest side dish that goes perfectly with just about anything! With pretty curls, a handful of ingredients and a simple vinaigrette you will love its delicious simplicity and flexibility.
I put this salad together to make use of all the wonderful curly, coral lettuce that we had growing in the garden.
In this cucumber radish salad, I have kept things simple with just a handful of ingredients, that have all been quickly prepared using my handy mandoline v-slicer for a quick dinner side.
Table of contents
Ways to Serve It
The beauty of the simple ingredients in this light and refreshing salad is its versatility, I have served it for many different occasions.
- Keep it light and fresh by serving it with some grilled salmon or garlic prawns/shrimp;
- Use it to combat fried foods and serve it with some crispy fried chicken as the tangy vinaigrette and crisp veggies cut through the oiliness.
- As a foil to spicy food such as spicy beef strips or with a curry, a forkful of this crisp salad really cools things down after you have accidentally bitten into a chilli!
- Magnificent as a fancy side for your next dinner party let's face it it is simply elegant in its simplicity and will impress served alongside a whole roasted salmon with buttery potatoes.
- Great for barbecues as it is so quick and easy to prepare with simple flavours that everyone loves.
- Try it with breakfast with poached or boiled eggs or as an unusual topping for your avocado toast.
You've probably read this here before 🤷🏻♀️!
But, if you want to avoid a soggy salad then toss your
radish green salad in a mixing bowl make sure all of the veggies
are coated in the dressing.
Then transfer the salad to your serving bowl/platter
and leave the excess dressing behind.
Make it a Meal
Love it but would like to make it more substantial then you can't go wrong by adding some...
- Grilled chicken tenders
- Seared steak
- Flaked salmon or smoked salmon
- Canned beans or chickpeas
- Fried haloumi cheese or crumbled feta
- Sliced avocado for healthy fats
- Add some toasted nuts, seeds or crispy bacon
A healthy radish salad recipe with simple flavours you can afford to let your creativity run wild!
You Will Need
How to Make It
1 - PREPARE LETTUCE
2 - THINLY SLICE VEG
3 - ASSEMBLE SALAD
Tips & Questions
As with most green salads as soon as it is tossed with the vinaigrette you will need to eat it straight away.
But, this salad can be prepared a few hours ahead of time and tossed together with the vinaigrette just before serving it.
- Prepare the salad and vinaigrette and keep them separately in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the salad.
- Then just before serving - season and toss the salad with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.
This is such a light and tasty salad I rarely have enough leftover.
Coral lettuce is a soft lettuce variety and wilts easily so you really should eat this salad on the day it is made otherwise it is quite soggy.
Definitely a salad spinner to dry your leaves thoroughly for a much tastier salad.
A mandoline v-slicer for wafer thin radish, cucumber and shallot slices.
Looking for More Green Salad Inspiration?
- Salad Spinner
- Mandoline or V-Slicer
- 150 grams coral lettuce (approximately 1 small head - 5.30z)
- 350 grams radishes (approximately 1 bunch - 12oz)
- 240 grams Lebanese or Persian cucumbers (approximately 2 small - 8.5oz)
- 1 small French shallot (approximately 25g - 0.88oz)
- ⅓ cup capers
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Start by cutting the roots off the lettuce, separate the leaves and wash gently in a colander under cold running water.
- Then either gently pat dry or spin dry in a salad spinner then carefully tear the leaves into bite sized pieces.
- Wash and trim your radishes and cucumbers, pat dry then thinly slice into rounds using a mandoline/v-slicer or with a sharp knife. Trim and remove the papery skin from your shallot and thinly slice.
- Drain and rinse the capers, then in a large mixing bowl add all the the salad ingredients, season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Pour over the red wine vinegar and oil and toss well to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your liking, arrange in a salad bowl and serve immediately once dressed.