A timeless classic French Dijon vinaigrette recipe that you can use as a base for endless variations.
- A container that has a tight-fitting lid – glass jars are ideal
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup French shallots (eschallots) (finely diced)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional not traditional but just so good)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Find a container that has a tight-fitting lid – glass jars are perfect for this.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to the container, cover it and shake until emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.