This Avocado Salad will give a power boost to your day with the healthy fats in the avocados and the omega-3s found in the seeds. Especially for the avocado lovers in my family!
The perfect salad to serve with spicy food like curries or peri-peri chicken as it is refreshing and cooling. Also great to serve at a dinner party or barbecue.
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 3 G NET CARBS
Rocket Salad with Avocado Salad and Seeds
- Salad Spinner
For the salad…
- 1 small bunch rocket (arugula) (or 100 grams baby rocket
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp pepitas
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the vinaigrette…
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- For this salad, I used a bunch of rocket as it tastes more peppery but you may use baby rocket if you prefer.
- Wash the rocket, discard any wilted or damaged leaves, trim the ends, shake and either pat dry or spin dry in a salad spinner to remove excess water. Chop roughly and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
- Pit and peel the avocados and cut into large dice. Transfer most of the avocado to your salad bowl and reserve approximately half a cup to use as a garnish.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, season with salt and pepper and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings according to your taste.
- Arrange in a salad bowl, scatter the reserved avocado and pepitas on top and serve immediately.
This video is courtesy of My Food and Family.