This Colourful Capsicum Salad has a wonderful smokey aroma from the roasted capsicum and the peppery bite from the rocket.
You can serve this salad with almost anything but it is absolutely superb served with white-fleshed fish.
Any leftovers you may have are great stir through pasta, add some freshly grated parmesan for an easy dinner the next day.
LOW CARB SALAD WITH 5.2 g NET CARBS
For the salad…
- 3 red capsicums (peppers) (small)
- 3 orange capsicums (peppers) (small)
- 3 yellow capsicums (peppers) (small)
- 120 grams rocket (arugula) washed and spun dry in a salad spinner to remove excess water
For the dressing…
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 260°C (500°F).
- Wash all your capsicums carefully.
- Arrange your capsicums on a large roasting tray and put them in the oven for about 25 minutes, turning the capsicums frequently until the skin blisters and begins to blacken.
- Remove from the oven and place in a plastic bag until cool. Peel away skins, seeds, and stems then discard and leave to the side to cool.
- Add all your dressing ingredients to a glass jar and shake until emulsified.
- Once the peppers are cool, cut into ribbons then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the peppers and place to the side to marinate for 20-30 minutes (the longer you leave them the tastier they will be. 1
- Wash your rocket leaves, shake and either pat dry in a towel or spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water.
- Place the rocket on salad platter and arrange the peppers over the top. Serve immediately.
- You can easily start this salad the day before and let the peppers marinate overnight so all you have to do on the day of serving is prepare your rocket.
This video is courtesy of All Recipes.